Minimalist Style Inspiration

So I've come to a point in my life where I'm questioning... do I have a style? And come to realise I really don't!  I just tend to where whats comfy and what I like, picking from trends here and there. But I've always wanted to adopt a style or create my own that fits me. Looking at runway trends and fashion in shops like, ASOS, Missguided and Boohoo there's so much minimalist clothing. I really like the simplicity of it all especially the nude, greys and black and white colour. Not only the colour I love the shapes and cuts of the clothes, and don't get me started on the culottes! My friend Courtney wrote a blog post showing her favorite culottes on the Highstreet which you can read Here! So here are some of my favorites from the highstreet that I am defiantly going to buy! 

Untitled #31




My main inspiration always comes from the runways as I am always on Vogue looking at the collections, and its is a part of the research I have to do at Uni (which is a plus!). But for SS16 this trend has come into its own with its modern look, designers kept the sleek lines and colours but many added fabric manipulation in ruffles and pleats to add an element of texture just like Adam Lippes and Hermes. Other designers adopted the pin stripes, from flowy trousers and button up shirts at A.P.C to a fitted suits seen at Brandon Maxwell. But they you have Calvin Klein who always can pull of this look effortlessly. The key pieces in the collection was Slips which are major this year bringing underwear as outwear. The garments were seen with raw edges with a mixture of silk and leather, as well as keeping the palette neutral. 

The designers show a mixture of contemporary causal and fancier ways of this minimalist style. Let me know below what your thoughts are on this style as well as if this is your style! And if not what is your style? I hope you liked this post and found it interesting and would want me to do more style posts! 

Emma
xxxxxxxxx

2 comments

  1. Lovely post! I love these looks. Calvin K is one of my favorite designers. So comfy! Looking forward to future posts, Emma! xoxo

    ReplyDelete