Spring/Summer 2015 Makeup Trends From The Runway

Runways not only show us the upcoming fashion trends but also makeup and hair trends too! I love looking at makeup on the runways as the designers always chose to do something out of the box, simple and classic or damn right crazy! So to go with the spring/summer you would expect the makeup to be fresh, light, bronzed with pastel colours... but hold up! The looks on the runways chose to give us some curve balls with bold smokey eyes, insane eyeliner, bold lips and much more!
Bold lips is the first trend that caught my eye most, most of the lips were very strong colours which varied from dark purples and berrys to bright oranges and pinks. Red lips were seen tonnes on the Burberry Prorsum show, Dolce & Gabbana featured a dark purple, where as Zac Posen went with a bright orangey red colour which I love! For this trend the focus on the makeup is mainly on the lips rather than the rest of the makeup leaving the eyes plain and the face clean and simple, so your eyes get drawn straight to the lips. There was also lots of what they call diffusing of the lipsticks which they did round the edge of the lips to get a stained lip effect.  
This next one I'm not sure I like but hey it's for high fashion runway so I'll let it off and that is Expressive brows! So obviously brows are a big thing right now because girl you need that strong game, but these are far from strong. The brow trends are perfectly shaped and bushy as well as bleached brows that were both major trends on the runway and were seen on models for Betsey Johnson, BCBG, Givenchy and many many more. Some designers also chose to be more out there and use new innovative ways with rings and dashes of lines on and round the brows. Let me know below if you think their brow games are on point!?
Eyeliner is my thing so when I saw tonnes of Graphic Eyeliner I was super happy! The lines of the eyeliner go every which way possible which a classic cat eye too almost like arrows. Oscar de la Renta and Prada kept it simple with a even thickness of the eyeliner with a flick in the corner; whereas over on Cusnie et Ochs, Saint Laurent and Celine's runways they had bold black lines that some even covered the whole lid. The eyeliner wasn't just black though many designers like Fendi (which was my favorite!)  Peter Som and Doir all added a beam of bright colours. Some of the designers chose not even to use eyeliner at all, strips of leather, stickers and lipstick. Just shows that you don't have to use the ordinary products all the time, but I think that it adds a whole new level of creativity to an eye look!
So last but not least Is Black Smoke which again is another favorite of mine like they eyeliner, as it is very grungey which I am all about! So this is a trend I will be defiantly trying, time to bring out my inner Avril Lavigne aha! When I saw this trend it was the one that shocked me the most as you would expect spring and summer makeup to be light and flirty not dark and dramatic but I kinda like this change. Its a very slept-in effortless charcoal smokey eye look which was best demonstrated at Tom Ford. Chanels makeup was much the same and very dark which was a huge contrast to the tweed garments, where as Diane von Furstenberg was much more toned down and smokey.

There are tonnes more trends to the four I shared with you today like, Brown eyes, purple eyes, bronzed face, 60's lashes, barely there makeup and glitter just to name a few! If you would want me to go into more depth with some more let me know and I shall! I hope you enjoyed and see you in my next post,

Emma
xxxxxxxx

4 comments

  1. Love the smokey eyes !! the brows oh hell no doesn't look good

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smokey eyes are my fave out of all the trends! ahah the brows are defiantly a no go! xx

      Delete
  2. These are really beautiful!
    New post: http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/03/prom-dresses-with-promtimescouk.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMOKY EYES
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/
    thank you

    ReplyDelete